Saturday, March 20, 2010

Overgrown mango tree makes me tremble whenever I cross overhead bridge

 Overgrown mango tree makes me tremble whenever I cross overhead bridge
STOMPer Timid heart trembles whenever he crosses this overhead bridge near Block 288D Bukit Batok East Ave 6 because he thinks that unknown insects might be lurking in this mango tree's branches.

The STOMPer wrote in an email to STOMP:

"Whenever I cross this bridge, I have an ominous feeling that some spiders, worms, caterpillars or snakes might be lurking in the branches.

"The branches of this mango tree have grown until they touch the railings and this compounds my fear of creepy crawling insects.

"From young I have been arachnophobic, scoleciphobic and ophidiophobic and I hope LTA will send its workers to cut off these protruding branches."

My sympathies to those who genuinely suffer from phobias that prevent them from functioning in our society, but this is just ridiculous.