Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mynah laid eggs in my air-con wallboard!

Mynah laid eggs in my air-con wallboard!
STOMPer Steven was disturbed every night by the incessant chirping of a mynah and realised that the sounds were coming from his air-con unit.

This STOMPer says:

"I have been interrupted by a Mynah bird every night.

"I pulled out my air-con and I saw alot of dry grass inside my wallboard.

"When I cleared the grass , I found two eggs, but one had already broken .

"So I decided to put the egg back in the hole after I cleared the grass.

"I realised that the mynah had flew back again every day because there was still one egg inside the board.

"I am waiting for the egg to hatch and the bird to fly off , then I will seal up the hole."

Mynah laid eggs in my air-con wallboard!
Mynah laid eggs in my air-con wallboard!
Mynah laid eggs in my air-con wallboard!
Mynah laid eggs in my air-con wallboard!

Looks like this particular pair of common myna (Acridotheres tristis) have chosen quite an interesting spot to raise their brood. I'm not sure if the mynas will still continue to tend to the egg after the disturbance, although I won't be surprised if they do rebuild the nest and cram in more nesting material.