Monday, May 17, 2010

The lovebirds, Faith and Joy, are back together again

 Faith the parrot misses his buddy Joy, please help find him
STOMP was notified this afternoon that missing parrot Joy has been found yesterday, just a few blocks away from home.

On May 15, owner Christine had written in to STOMP for help on finding Joy.

Christine shares her good news:

"Thank god yesterday I received a call from a family living in Block 17 in Toa Payoh, just a few blocks away from my house.

"They asked me about its colour and told me that Joy had flown into their house.

"When I went there, I found out that the family had 5 cats!

"The family is beautiful and I also found out that we both are animal lovers.

"I not only got Joy back, but also made new friends."

Related post: Faith the parrot misses his buddy Joy, please help find him (15th May 2010)

Looks like this incident with an escapee green-cheeked parakeet (Pyrrhura molinae) had a happy ending. I'm not sure about the survival rate of parrots that manage to escape from captivity, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is high mortality, especially if the birds are too used to being fed by humans and are naive towards potential threats and predators.